Wednesday 1 October 2008

lizplummer

I have known Liz for a number of years both on and off Etsy. As you will see from the examples I have chosen below she is a very talented artist with skills in a number of fields. Here is what she has to say about herself:


'I make fabric postcards, small quilts and silk scarves using dyeing, painting and screen printing. I got into art in about 2001 when I took a City & Guilds course in patchwork and quilting and we learnt about design, dyeing and all sorts of different things besides stitching.

Most of my work uses fabric which I have dyed, painted or otherwise altered myself. I use a variety of fibres depending on the effect I want to achieve, including cotton and silk.'




'Rushing hither and thither in our daily lives, there are so many little details we miss. The glistening raindrop on a branch, the way a leaf hangs, sparkling streets after rain. I try and capture some of those moments in my artwork: the wonder of the beautiful world all around us, little vignettes into eternity.....'


'I love working with layers: layers of fabric, paint, dye, adding colours, taking away colours, building up those layers to create depth and meaning in each piece of art I make.'



For more information and to view her work visit Liz's shop on Etsy

8 comments:

  1. I have come to recognise Liz's work through the BBEST Team. It is always so innovative and interesting. Liz is a very talented and lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always admired Liz's work and her wonderful
    use of colors and patterns to achieve depth and
    intensity . Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. I LOVE the 1st photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz sure has an eye for color and the I admire the way she turns the ordinary into the sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful post about Liz's work. She is so talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz's work is beautiful - thanks for featuring her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz is one of my inspiration Etsy-ers! Thanks for this article.

    ReplyDelete