Wednesday 10 September 2008

cathycullis

Sometimes things happen by 'happy accident'. It was such an accident that led me to find the shop of cathycullis and these delightful miniatures.

Reading from her profile I find :
'I enjoy working with mixed media and stitch, found materials such as printed words from old novels, yellowed papers, scraps of linen and cotton, threads and vintage buttons. My works are 'visual poems' and are improvised, carefully constructed, considered. Artists who have inspired me include: Madge Gill, Louise Bourgeois, Marlene Dumas, Aubrey Beardsley and Alice Kettle.'

Click on the above link to find more of her work, or go directly to the ones below, or catch up with more of her work on her blog.






expected to believe - original mixed media collage embroidery art





























she realized her heart - mixed media long thread brooch - embroidery art






























mixed media brooch - embroidery art - delighted heart
























Timeless - mixed media collage art

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous find, Myfanwy! Call me smug, she's already one of my favourites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myfanwy I LOVE Cathy's work (she's in my etsy faves)- it's delightful, beautifully executed and so original - and I wish I could do it too!!

    ReplyDelete